PIE Fund Drive
To donate online to the PIE Fund Drive, follow this link.
Dear PIE Partner:
Partners In Education turns 32 this year, and we are celebrating our progress in fulfilling our founding members’ vision. PIE was launched in 1989 to ensure that Craven County Schools would have a local nonprofit to build strong community relations and provide programs for our teachers in their classrooms.
Our founding members’ vision started with PIE Grants, grants for teachers to fund projects in their classroom, and that vision has grown to include Stuff the Bus and the Beginning Teachers’ Store. During the 2020-21 pandemic school year, PIE awarded over $280,000 to our Craven County Schools through programs that have proven to help get the resources our students and teachers need in their classrooms. However, PIE Grants continue to be the cornerstone of our work.
Your donation funds PIE Grants, grants that fund classroom projects in all grade levels and subject areas and are awarded for up to $1,500 each. These projects enrich our students’ experience in the classroom and must meet a rigorous review process by the PIE board before being awarded.
The funds raised from the Fall/Winter Fund Drive, $11,607.54, funded the following grants:
- A Taste of Reading!, $1,418.48 – Rodnesha Minor and David Roberson, J.T. Barber Elementary School
- Coping Kits, $738.81 – Sara Foster, A.H. Bangert Elementary
- A Novel Idea – Quality Digital Books for Kindergarten Readers, $1,284.00 – Jennifer Robson, Jennifer Benton, and Linda Barnes, A.H. Bangert Elementary School
- If the Shoebox Fits, Put a Task in it!!, $967.62 – Kimberly Lassiter, A.H. Bangert Elementary
- STEM in PE, $1,394.00 – Megan Davis, Brinson Memorial Elementary
- Socially Distanced and Emotionally Responsive: SEL in the General Music Classroom, $1,306.16 – Luana Palimetakis, W.J. Gurganus Elementary
- Uke Can Help!, $1,500 – Elizabeth Camden, West Craven High School
- Charging Up For 1st Grade!, $1,498.47 – Kimberly Scott and Annette Hoskins-Satterfield, Oaks Road Academy
- Poetically Overcoming Chaos, $1,500 – Victoria Credle, H.J. MacDonald Middle
Our goal is to raise $12,000 to fund projects in the classroom for our teachers in Craven County. Keep in mind, a donation of $25 or $250 makes a tremendous impact on our students.
When you make your gift, you will receive a donation confirmation for tax purposes, and a decal you can proudly display as a PIE Donor. Your gift stays local and you will support public school education and our future workforce. Craven County Partners In Education is a 501(c)3 corporation, and donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law, tax number 56-1335975.
To contribute, simply follow this link.
Thank you for helping us support every child every day because together, we are partners.
Mike McCoy David Baxter President Past President