Welcome to Partners In Education!
It is time for another school year and our Annual PIE Membership Drive and Payroll Deduction Campaign!
All members of PIE will receive one extra point on their total grant score for PIE Grants, Wey Mini Grants, and the Twin Rivers Artists Assn. Grants. The first Wey Mini Grant and PIE Grant are due Wednesday, October 8. Get your extra point on these grants and join early!
Note: To learn more about our grants and the due dates, or to apply for one of our grants, go to www.CravenPartners.com/programs.
1.) PIE MEMBERSHIP – PAYROLL DEDUCTION:
If you are currently participating in Payroll Deduction, we will need you to complete a new form this year. All interested in participating in payroll deduction, please print out the Payroll Deduction form (follow this link), complete the form, and sign it. You may turn it in to your PIE Ambassador or send it directly to Partners In Education at Central Services. To participate in the payroll deduction program, there is a minimum commitment of $100 annually ($10/mo if you are set up on 10 month pay or $8.33 if you are set up on 12 month pay).
- DEADLINE FOR PAYROLL DEDUCTION IS OCTOBER 15, 2014, 5:00 pm, WITH DEDUCTIONS TO START WITH THE OCTOBER 31, 2014 CHECK.
- The school with the highest number of participants in the Payroll Deduction Program will be awarded $1,000 (in the event of a tie, the monies will be split).
- Dr. Mills is offering the Superintendent’s Challenge: EVERYONE participating in the Payroll Deduction Program will be included in a special drawing at the EOM Principal Leadership Meeting October 30 for an iPad!
2.) PIE MEMBERSHIP – ONE-TIME PAYMENT:
If you are interested in becoming a PIE Member with a one-time payment, print out the PIE Membership One-Time Payment form, complete, and sign it (follow this link). You may turn it in to your PIE Ambassador or send it directly to Partners In Education at Central Services. It is just a one-time minimum fee of $10 to join – larger gifts are gladly accepted and appreciated! All forms and payments for this program must be received at the PIE office in Central Services by October 17, 2014, 5:00 pm in order to be eligible for the iPad.
- Each school level (elementary, middle, and high) with the highest % of participants in the One-Time Payment Program will be awarded $500. Note: A minimum of 90% participation is required to be eligible.
- Dr. Mills is offering the Superintendent’s Challenge for the One-Time Payment Program, also! Anyone who contributes $100 or more through the One-Time Payment Program will be included in a special drawing at the EOM Principal Leadership Meeting October 30 for an iPad!
- In order to be eligible for the iPad and the School Award, payments must be received in the PIE office at Central Services by October 17, 2014, close of business, 5:00 pm.
If you have any questions, contact Darlene Brown at 514-6321 or Darlene.Brown@craven.k12.nc.us. Thank you for supporting Partners In Education, as we support our educators in Craven County Schools.
Craven County Partners In Education (PIE) is a non-profit organization committed to:
- Enhancing the educational experience of teachers and students through classroom grants.
- Focusing on evolving and specific needs of individual classrooms.
- Partnering with businesses, community leaders, and educators for financial support.
Our partners are passionate about creating opportunities for our students and teachers that enable us to offer quality programs.
Craven County Educators
To learn more about the grants offered through Partners In Education for the 2013-14 school year, go to the Programs section of this website.
It’s Easy to Join to PIE
You can join PIE any time throughout the year!
All members of PIE earn one extra point added to the average of reviewing committee members’ scores on their rubric for the PIE Grants, Wey Mini Grants, and the Twin Rivers Artists’ Assn. Grants.
Follow this link for the PIE Membership One-Time Payment Form.
We are pleased to offer a Planned Giving and Sponsorship Program!
To learn more about how your business can support PIE throughout the year, follow this link. This includes sponsoring the PIE Bowl, the Spring Luncheon, Stuff the Bus, and the Book Drive. And by planning your sponsorships in advance, learn how your business can get a free ad on the PIE website and be featured on the PIE Facebook page!
For more information about Partners In Education, our programs and grants, or how you can donate, call Darlene Brown, Executive Director of Craven County Partners In Education at (252) 514-6321 or email us at Darlene.Brown@craven.k12.nc.us.
By working together we can all make a difference in education in Craven County Schools.